Audio-Technica's AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
Audio-Technica's Line and Gradient Condenser Microphones combine a directional capsule ("gradient") and an interference tube which removes the sound from the rear. Generally, the interference tube of this type of microphone can be extended to reduce the acceptance angle and thus increase the sound capture distance. Short condenser microphones do not have as long a range as shotgun models, but in some cases are preferred for their greater acceptance angle, when the accuracy of the source is less important.
- Short (279mm) shotgun microphone, designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition I
- Light and easily mounted on a video camera, allowing it to remain out of shot, even when used on compact digital cameras
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for outstanding long-distance sound pickup and excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Switchable 80Hz low-cut filter with a 12dB octave slope to reduce the pickup of low-frequency ambient noise
- Effective protection against interference related to mobile phones and other nearby unwanted radio frequency
- Robust yet lightweight construction
- Comes with a foam windscreen, a stand clampo, 2 O-rings and a carry case
- Operates on battery or phantom power